We now have almost 300 alumni scattered across the globe. These young leaders are thoroughly engaged in using their hearts and minds to impact the world around them. They make us proud.
"Sage Ridge provided me with a foundation of knowledge and a network of friendships from which I continue to benefit to this day. I will forever be grateful to the faculty, staff, and students of Sage Ridge for everything they have given me."
Mat Trachok (SRS '05, Yale '09, Harvard Law School '12, Senior Associate at WilmerHale)
"Sage Ridge School gave me the space to engage with curiosity. I learned to lead with curiosity instead of certainly. The start-up culture of the school taught me that if I don't know how to do something, I can figure it out, and this has been invaluable in my career."
Kristan Brown (SRS '05, Whitman College '09, MFA at Rutgers '13, Studio Manager at Terry Knickerbocker Studio in Brooklyn)
“My SRS education has played a role in my academic success in college and even in winning the Truman. Teachers like Dr. McGann and Mr. Sloyan worked wonders in terms of improving my writing skills, and I have no doubt that my Truman application stood out because of what they taught me.”
Carla Ramazan (SRS ‘17, University of Texas-Dallas '21, Truman Scholar)
"A Sage Ridge education serves as a compass to allow us to go out and navigate for ourselves in the world…Though we cannot tell them where to take us, they are essential to reach whatever destination we set for ourselves. And no matter how far we stray from our home here at SRS, they will always be with us."
William Moore (SRS '19, Haverford '23)
- How did Sage Ridge help prepare you for college? What lessons have been most helpful?
- What were you looking for in a school when you were applying? What advice do you have for those who are trying to choose a college?
- What surprised you about college?
- What are some ways you recommend coping with going away to college?
- What made you realize your major was right for you? How did you realize what you wanted to study?
- Other Advice:
This wisdom & advice was shared with current students by some of our recent grads at our annual Young Grads Return event in January 2019.
Our speakers were:
- David Newman ('15) attends Haverford majoring in Economics with a minor in Statistics.
- Sergio Lopez ('15) attends University of Redlands majoring in Political Science.
- Audrey Thompson ('16) attends University of California, Berkeley majoring in Computer Science.
- Madeeha Sheriff ('17) attends Cal State, Fullerton majoring in Biology.
- Vivian Tao ('17) attends Tufts University majoring in Biopsychology.
Tricia Shimamura ('07) speaks about her Sage Ridge experience.
Bob Armstrong, alumni parent, speaks about his daughter Elizabeth Ann (EB) ('13). Your donation to the Annual Fund directly supports program growth for all students...
It's been 4 years since they started college, what are they doing now?
Carla Ramazan ('17) is definitely one to watch in the political science field. She was an impressive student when she was at Sage Ridge School. Now she has gone on to receive the Truman Scholarship while studying political science and Spanish at the University of Texas-Dallas. The Truman Scholarship is the premier graduate scholarship for aspiring public service leaders in the United States...
We have news to share about Dr. Alex Carpenter ('06), Audrey Thompson ('16), and Karly (Chelius) Randall ('11). Our talented alumni are accomplishing great things in all different industries.
Ross (MacNeil) Wyld ('18) performed for the school at our community meeting this week.
Benjamin J. Stevenson ('15) is a New York City based Costume Designer, Creative Manager, and Event Strategist.
Sage Ridge Alumni Stars as Bob Dylan in Film
John Dewald is a Fulbright scholar teaching English in UFOP, a university in Ouro Preto, Brazil. His grant lasts from February to November 2019, and he is hoping to...
McClure (Mac) Cronin (‘13) was our guest speaker this week for the Upper School.