Reopening Plan (COVID-19)
Any students who have (or have household members who have):
- traveled by plane
- participated in large events (size determined by current governor's mandate)
- visitors who travelled by plane or from high incident areas
- feel they have been exposed/become at risk in come way
are required move to distance learning for two weeks or provide a negative COVID-19 test before returning to on-campus learning. COVID-19 testing should be done 48 hours after return travel or potential exposure. Please contact the Front Office if your child will be moving to distance learning under these requirements.
Overview of Cleaning Procedures In Place
- Additional maintenance crew members were hired to assist with sanitation of high point areas, for assistance in monitoring social distancing during peak hours (drop off, lunch, pick up), for assistance with immediate clean-up and disinfecting of specific areas, for assisting with installation of new protective equipment, and to maintain adequate levels of cleaning and disinfectant supplies.
- Sage Ridge now owns and utilizes a disinfectant fogger which is used as needed in any and all areas of the school.
- An independent cleaning service cleans 5 nights per week.
- In addition to general cleaning, there is a focus on disinfecting high touch surfaces, i.e., door handles, copy machines, etc.
- Independent cleaning service also uses a sanitizing spray machine with each cleaning.
- Each classroom has been supplied with sanitizer and paper towels for use during and between classes.
- Sanitizer and disinfectant fogger solution is regulated and provided by Cintas, the industry leader in facility cleanliness and employee safety.
- Each classroom has been equipped with hand sanitizer (70% ethyl alcohol) along with paper towels for sanitation.
- Each classroom that does not have access to windows and / or doors that open has been provided with a HEPA air purifying machine.
- HVAC filters throughout each building have been replaced and are on a quarterly rather than annual replacement plan.
2020-2021 Family Handbook
Please download and review. All families are required to sign off and abide by the handbook, including the new Pandemic Addendum.
- The Pandemic Addendum begins on page 47.
- Travel and corresponding quarantine or COVID-19 testing requirements start on page 51.
- Pages 46, 47, and 63 must be printed, signed, and returned by orientation. These forms will also be available at orientation.
Whether you are a new or returning family or faculty/staff member, please read on below for a better understanding of our Athletics Vision, our student-athlete/parent expectations, by team snapshots for 2020-21, and other key information including how to learn more about our programs. We are excited to involve the full community as both participants and supporters of Sage Ridge Athletics. We INVITE you to join us on the sidelines this year as we cheer on our teams with Scorpion Pride.
- What are the mask and physical distancing rules? (per current state mandate)
- Where can students go before school?
- Can students go to lockers between classes?
- Do MS and LS distance learners need to check in for D Period (MS/LS Programming)?
- When and how will students attend Campus and Community meetings?
- Do I need a Zoom link for Study Hall in Grades 8-12?
- What recess activities are allowed?
- When and where do students eat snacks?
- Where can Upper School students eat lunch?
- Where can Grade 8 students be during lunch and recess?
- What is the LS/MS lunch rotation schedule?
- When does lunch clean up happen in the Great Space?
- When and who should clean tables and chairs?
All residents 16 years and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine in Washoe County on April 5 (opens in new window/tab)
Thank you to
Washoe County School District
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent School Management (ISM)
Shanghai American School
The Nueva School
San Francisco Day School