- College Counseling
Next Wednesday, April 14, from 5:30-6:30 p.m., Sage Ridge will host a special online program with four college admissions leaders to cover the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on college admission practices and their respective campuses.
Speakers include Ed Devine, Western Regional Director for Undergraduate Admission at Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio; Lisa Hanson, Assistant Director for West Coast Admissions at Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey; Jarrod Larse, Regional Admissions Advisor at Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon; and Kathleen Williams, Director of West Coast Admissions at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania.
Topics that will be addressed include the following:
- Engaging and visiting colleges (virtually/in person) during the pandemic
- How students' deferred enrollment/gap years impact future classes
- Effects of legacy, athletics, and demonstrated interest in admission decisions
- Test-optional policies: Should students still “try” tests? To submit scores or not?
- Importance of applicant essays, supplemental writing, and rec letters now
- Expectations of students' extracurricular activity lists during the pandemic
All students who want to learn how to stand out in selective college admissions are encouraged to attend. Please bring your own questions and join us for a lively discussion using this Zoom meeting link (meeting ID 931 5292 6091; passcode: 439751).
If you have any related questions beforehand, please contact SRS Director of College Counseling Rob Lamb at email@example.com.
- college counseling