Every May, Sage Ridge students experience Sage Session, a two-week period when students participate in elective and enrichment classes taught by Sage Ridge faculty. These courses enhance the students’ academic experience and our core curriculum. In Sage Sessions...
- Students are able to learn from faculty from whom they may not normally have class
- Students are able to choose their courses based on their interests
- Students have a chance to hone learning skills in a new and dynamic environment
- Students get to see teachers excited about teaching a course in which they have an outside interest
- Teachers have an opportunity to share their knowledge and skills about a subject they might not typically teach at SRS
Lower and Middle Schools
Students in grades 3, 4, and 5 continue with their math and English courses in the morning and take two Sage Session classes in the afternoons. Grades 7 and 8 students take four classes, each lasting an hour and a half.
Past Lower and Middle School Sage Sessions include the following:
- Rock Climbing
- Collaging and Book Arts
- Sports and Games
- Giants of the Sea
- The Art of Disney - class and trip
In the Upper School, students enroll in two Sage Session classes, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The following is a sampling of recent course offerings:
- Star Wars Film Studies
- Proteomics: Theory and Lab
- Special Effects in Photo and Video
- Stress Management 101
- Carnival Around the World
- The Nuclear Age
- California Coast Biking - class and trip
Sage Session is mandatory for all students and is an Upper School graduation requirement.