How to Apply
November 29, 2019:
Early action application is due for new families (early application fee $50)
December 20, 2019:
Early action decision letters are mailed out to applying families
January 1, 2020
Financial Aid (FAST) applications for the 2020-2021 school year open
January 24, 2020
Enrollment contracts and deposits must be postmarked for early action students
February 7, 2020
Regular decision application is due for new families (regular application fee $75)
Financial Aid (FAST) applications for the 2020-2021 for new and returning students
February 21, 2020
Financial aid award letters are mailed out to current and new families
re-enrollment packets sent to current families
March 20, 2020
Enrollment contracts and deposits must be postmarked for newly admitted and returning students
April 6, 2020
Waitlisted families are updated regarding their admittance status
(applications accepted and processed as space allows)
Five-Step Application Process
- Step 1: Complete the Online Application
- Step 2: Schedule an ISEE Exam Date
- Step 3: Complete Request for Student Records
- Step 4: Arrange for a Shadow Day
- Step 5: Complete Financial Aid Application
Exams are computer-based and are administered the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month beginning at 8:30 a.m. The Admissions Office will register your child for testing. The testing fee of $120 is payable by credit card the morning of the test. The fees are charged by the Educational Records Bureau.
Arrange for a Shadow Day with the Director of Enrollment Management.
The Shadow visit is an opportunity for us to observe your child interacting with peers and teachers; every bit as important, spending time here gives your child a chance to learn about our curriculum, programs, and general atmosphere.
We are all very excited to meet your child on one of our Student Shadow Days. To help ensure the day goes smoothly for everyone, here are steps we urge you to follow:
- Visitors will spend time in their current grade or the grade for which they are applying, depending on which you think would be the best experience for your child.
- Before shadow day, please talk to your child about the fact that s/he will be sitting in our classes. Your child is expected to participate and engage in class as fully as possible.
- Arrival and pick-up times:
- Students should be dropped off at 8 a.m. and picked up at 3:15 p.m.
- Please be prompt for pick-up on shadowing day. School is released at 3:15pm.
- When you arrive, please walk your child to the front office where you will be asked to fill out a contact information form.
- Your child should be dressed comfortably in modest clothes. No open toed shoes or sleeveless shirts allowed.
- Your child should come to Sage Ridge School with water and a snack. Your child should also have a book, notebook, and writing utensil.
- Your middle school child will most likely participate in Physical Education, so please also send seasonally appropriate PE clothes and athletic shoes.
You can download our Shadow Day Guide here.
If you plan to apply for financial aid, fill out the online FAST application. Applications are open January 1 for the 2020-21 school year and should be submitted by February 7, 2020. Admissions decisions and Financial Aid Award Letters are mailed to new families February 21, 2020. Financial aid may be awarded after February as funds allow on a first come, first served basis.
Sage Ridge School graduates curious and confident citizens who embrace rigorous scholarship, respect the dignity of individuals, choose integrity, embody courage, cultivate a compassionate community, and ultimately thrive in college and in our global society.