While early adolescence is often considered a difficult time in a child’s life, Sage Ridge teachers see it as a rich and rewarding time of growth.
Our teachers meet the challenges of these years because they possess content knowledge, teaching expertise, and a deep understanding of how to support social-emotional learning. Students enter grade 7 as concrete observers and leave grade 8 with the capacity to analyze and think abstractly about complex problems while developing a strong sense of self.
- Laptops are fully integrated into our grades 6-8 curriculum.
- Students take physical education every day and have a daily rotation of arts (music, theater, or visual art) and computer programming classes.
- Laboratory science classes are part of our core curriculum.
- Advanced math is available for accelerated learners.
- Foreign language classes start in grade 6, with students taking one semester each of Latin and Spanish. Starting in grade 7, students choose one language on which to focus.