Sage Ridge Scholar Program
The Sage Ridge Scholars program transforms the lives of hard-working students with the gift of a full scholarship.Sage Ridge Scholars are high-achieving, mission-appropriate students from socioeconomically diverse backgrounds. These scholarships fully fund and support students through their Upper School journey, grades 9-12.
The Scholarship provides:
- Student Activity Fee
- Laptop Computer
- Field Trips
- 1 College Tour Trip
- Internet access at home
- School Supplies (lists provided upon enrollment)
- Transportation to/from school (8 AM - 3:15 PM, though students can be on campus from 7:30 AM - 6 PM)
HOW TO APPLY:
Eligible students are academically curious, hard-working, involved in extracurricular activities/clubs and have a thirst for a world-class education. If you are interested in applying to be a Sage Ridge Scholar or know someone who is interested, please contact our Director of Enrollment Management, Charlotte Carpenter at 775-852-6222 or email@example.com
Sage Ridge changed my life. This school motivated me and allowed me to be the first generation in my family to attend college. The small school environment at SRS is something that truly allows you to connect with others and it has been a blessing to have.
Jeremy Rodriguez Canales (‘19), Northeastern University ('23)
HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM:
The Sage Ridge Scholars program was established in 2000 with support from the Redfield Foundation and other generous donors. Beginning in 2015, Sage Ridge committed to accepting one new high school student per year. Upon seeing the successful effects of the program, support has greatly increased. Sage Ridge currently supports four Sage Ridge Scholars and is excited to expand the program.
Sage Ridge Scholar, Luis Martinez (‘13), graduated from UNR in 2017 with a major in Neuroscience. He is now pursuing his Doctor of Pharmacy degree at Pacific University in Oregon.
Sage Ridge School is a nonprofit, college preparatory school serving grades 3-12. Students receive a challenging, well-rounded liberal arts education and a strong foundation in character-based decision-making. The nurturing community of intelligent, committed educators empowers the minds of young people and produces graduates who excel and lead on a global scale. An environment of trust encourages students to take risks and tackle things that once seemed impossible. As the only independent, non-sectarian high school in the area, Sage Ridge offers a unique experience to Northern Nevada.
THE SAGE RIDGE DIFFERENCE
- Average Class Size is 11 with an 8:1 Student-Teacher Ratio
- 15 High School Varsity Sports
- 89% of AP students passed their AP exams in the last 5 years
- Innovation Lab with 3D printers, drones, podcasting equipment, VR headsets and more
- Two week Sage Session classes to explore new topics in depth
- Annual week-long Outdoor Education trips
- Full-time College Counselor
- Senior Experience: senior seminar, research thesis & internships
- Seniors receive millions of dollars in college scholarships
- 40+ acre open campus overlooking Reno
- #1 Private High School in Northern Nevada (Niche)
- Accredited by the Northwest Association of Independent Schools
- Serving Reno-Tahoe since 1998