At Sage Ridge we understand that our Upper School launches a student’s future.
High school is a time for students to discover their passions while engaging in rigorous critical thinking and gaining mastery of academic disciplines.
Leadership skills are cultivated through vast opportunities to create a lasting impact.
Captain a sport. Start a club. Become the Editor-in-Chief. Propose an Independent Study. Gather support for your Student Government campaign. Sit on the state board for the Junior Classical League. Star in the play. Present at a research conference. Intern at Tesla.
We will support your dreams, so don't delay.
Do something with your wild, precious life.
Everything about the high school experience prepares students to excel in their college of choice.
- Freshman Seminar equips students with critical thinking tools and sharpens public speaking skills.
- Advanced science classes prepare students for pre-medical college tracks or research positions early on in their college careers.
- Computer science and engineering classes enable students to take full advantage of our Innovation Lab.
- International students add a global dimension.
- Full-time college counselor takes a four-year approach to college counseling and knows every student well.
- Senior Seminar exposes students to a college-level seminar in preparation for their next step.
- Senior Thesis challenges seniors to write and defend a 15-20 page research essay.
- Senior Internship allows students to gain real-world experience in the field of their choice.
Honors and Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
- 62% of our high school students take Honors courses
- 50% of our high school students take AP courses
- 100% of students enrolled in an AP course sit for the AP exam
- Students must earn a 90 percent or higher grade in all their classes before being allowed to enroll in these courses
Honors Courses: Algebra II, Biology, Chemistry, Pre-AP Latin, Pre-AP Spanish, Pre-Calculus, Senior Seminar, World Literature
AP Courses: Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, Economics, English Language and Composition, Environmental Science, German (IS), Italian (IS), Latin, Physics C: Mechanics, Spanish, Statistics, Studio Art: Drawing, United States History, World History
|Departments||College Preparatory||Honors||High Honors|
Senior Thesis/ Senior Internship
|Completion of/ un-weighted||24 Credits and 2.0 GPA||24.5 Credits and 3.2 GPA||25.5 Credits and 3.5 GPA|
Our average AP pass rate is 88%, but we don't run the same AP program as everyone else.
You may hear other high school students say they are taking 5-7 AP classes a year. But are they really taking a college level class? Our AP classes result in students who can pass their AP exams, thus validating our curriculum as equivalent to a real college course. In addition, all our students who receive AP credit on their transcripts are required to sit for the exam. This means that our pass rates are the highest in the region even with all our AP students taking the exams!
I took a biology class at UNR over the summer and the professor originally didn’t want to let me join because I hadn’t taken college chemistry yet. From her experience, high school biology classes usually don't prep kids enough for her class. Once I was in the class, I didn’t have any issues with the chemistry sections. The professor mentioned that she was impressed, specifically mentioning that my chemistry background (from SRS) was extremely strong, especially considering that it was only a high school class. This proves how college preparatory it was.
Aryan Shukla ('20)
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?
Titles: Technology Faculty
Titles: Art Department Head, Arts Faculty - Visual Art
Titles: Arts Faculty - Theatre
Titles: History Department Head, History Faculty
Titles: Foreign Language Faculty - Spanish
Titles: Math Faculty
Titles: English Department Head, English Faculty
Titles: Math Faculty
Titles: Science Department Head, Biology
Titles: Science Faculty - Physics, Grade 10 Team Leader
Titles: Foreign Language Faculty - Latin, Grade 9 Team Leader
Titles: English Faculty
Titles: History Faculty, Grade 10 Team Leader
Titles: Math Department Head, Grade 12 Team Leader